Notices

Thread: Paint Custum Markings

1. Paint Custum Markings 
    Hello,
    I just finished reading the article "Paint Custum Markings" at http://www.modelairplanenews.com/how...markings1.asp. Mr. Yarrish, or at least I believe it is you(Gerryy), in step number 4 it says to try to not cut through the backing paper. Why is this? If you cut through the backing paper, won't it just fall off with the tape on it in the shape of the letter? Other than that I hope this technique will help me to paint the letters and numbers on my 1/6 scale Piper Cub. Thanks for a great article.

2. Cool Custom painted markings 
    Hey Bearcat Pilot, yes, you have discovered my secret identity In the article I wrote about custom painting markings, I suggest that you try not to cut into the carrier / backing sheet just because it makes it easier to peel the masking tape off in a large single piece if the backing sheet is intact, yes, I fy you cut all the way through the piece will just fall away, but if the edges of the tape and the sheet stick together, it tends to pull the various layers of tape apart. I have since found 4 and 6 inch masking tape at local auto body painting shops and this helps a lot so you don't have to use multiple thinner strips of paint...
    Hope this helps!
    GY
    Favorite Quote: Passions once set in motion, move themselves... Unknown author.

errr! In the last sentence I wrote multiple thin strips of paint... I ment to say strips of tape
    GY
    Favorite Quote: Passions once set in motion, move themselves... Unknown author.