Notices

Thread: Dx6

1. Question Dx6 
    can I use the spectrum Dx6 with the hanger 9 twist PNP? coes somwhere on the forum aeajr posted "the spectrum Dx6 is for planes up to 66" or somthing like that. and the twist is only 47" so will it work?

The Spektrum DX6 is marketed to the park flyers because of a concern with flying larger models to extended ranges and possibly loosing signal. I have been flying my DX6 since it first came out and I have never had an issue with range. But of course I do not fly my models a half mile away. I keep them close and fly in a relatively small traffic pattern. If you intend to fly large models, you should check out the DX7 if you have any concerns.

But to date, I have not had any issues with normal flying
    GY
    Favorite Quote: Passions once set in motion, move themselves... Unknown author.

I fly close in to. do you think I will have any issues with it though?

anyone?

nope should work fine. The DX7 does have a double pair of antenna in the receiver setup to totally eliminate any chance of metal parts of the model blanking out signal in line of sight. But other than that, several local modelers have been flying the DX6 in large glow-sized models
    GY
    Favorite Quote: Passions once set in motion, move themselves... Unknown author.

I might get the Dx7 for christmas to. And sell my Dx6 becoes Dx7 has 20 model memory and its meant for big planes. AND it has 7 channels.

Sounds like some good reasoning to me! Go for it and let us know how it turns out.

only problem with my DX6 is getting the right recievers, seems like so many new ones out it's difficult to tell which will work. I bought one, and it didn't bind, it's a fast type I guess, works on my futaba 4 chanel though.

Quote Originally Posted by scumbucket View Post
    only problem with my DX6 is getting the right recievers, seems like so many new ones out it's difficult to tell which will work. I bought one, and it didn't bind, it's a fast type I guess, works on my futaba 4 chanel though.
    The DX6 is the easy one... The ONLY receiver that works is the AR6000 or AR6000B. Nothing else will bind to it. No other brands for sure. No two brands will work with each other yet because there's no standard. Maybe one day...

As a side note ... Nearly 7 years since last reply in this thread.

-Eric