Notices

Thread: BNF trroubles

1. BNF trroubles 
    am having troubl binding a parkzone Spitfire micro to a DX6i. i did it just as directed, but the planes LED keeps flahing, and not binding.

I've had binding troubles with the little micros before... Seems to be a Spektrum issue where the thing is just really picky about seeing a "perfect" signal before it will link.

The thing that seems to cure it for me is relocating. If you go outside or maybe even 30 feet from where you're doing it now, it will probably work. Also, make sure you're not too close to the model while binding. A good 10-15 feet isn't a bad idea, just make sure the airplane can't fly away or you're prepared for whatever it hits if it decides to take off.

-Eric

3. thanks 
    i figured it out last night after browsing arount i got linked to the parkzone video on BNF. it appears i was holding the trainer/bind switch too long. all is good now. thanks

Good to know! My MQX really hates to link up sometimes. I generally have to cycle power 5-6 times or sometimes I just give up and re-bind.

Glad it's working!

-Eric

I had a lot of problems with Spektrum and finally abondonded the system. I went to Corona with not much success either. Then I went to an Hitec Aurora. What sweet system, very reliable, battery read outs, easy to program and easy to bind receivers. Cost a bit more at the onset but has memories and all the bells and whistles for a lot less than a Futaba. Been using it for nigh on to 3 years and it is a super set up.
    Chip

I agree with you Chip, that Aurora is a great little radio and the new one is even better. I think Gerry Yarish did a review on it in Model Airplane News. I have been using the Aurora 9 since it first came out and I did the review on. So far never had an issue with it.