Notices

Thread: Need a full dynamics model for model cessna

1. Need a full dynamics model for model cessna 
    Where might I be able to find a full range of dynamics models for any Cessna model craft? I will be doing professional testing on the craft and would like a set of parameters (aoa's, trim settings, etc..) from which I can compare numbers and reference. Preferably I would like the dynamics model for a craft that is under $400 or so, but that isn't a deciding factor. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated!

Are you looking for a physical model or computer model?

Are you talking about something like a Cessna 150/172/182? Or a Caravan/Grand Caravan? Or a TTx? Or something like a Cessna Citation Sovereign/CJ/CX/Mustang/etc?

If you don't mind me asking, what is this for??

-Eric

Quote Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
    Are you looking for a physical model or computer model?

Are you talking about something like a Cessna 150/172/182? Or a Caravan/Grand Caravan? Or a TTx? Or something like a Cessna Citation Sovereign/CJ/CX/Mustang/etc?

If you don't mind me asking, what is this for??

-Eric
    Yeah a model of a Cessna 150/172/182 would be ideal, preferably with both a physical AND computer model. Basically need to find a good model to purchase that already has a lot of statistics and numbers worked out on the flight dynamics to use as a base set of parameters to compare against. Need it to test some new on-board instruments that could be installed after the fact. Would rather start with a model that has already been studied so I'm not starting from the ground up, so I'd like to have the info readily available, perhaps in a white paper or set of tables. I know extensive research has been done on all of them of course, but not sure where to start/find the data as I'm new to the RC plane community. Any ideas of a match for that general description as well as a lead on where to look further into getting the items/data?

From my UAV days (not very long, but still a little experience), I know I've seen and flown simulator models of a couple purpose-built UAVs. I haven't seen a Cessna single-engine though.

As far as scale detail, the 182 by Hangar 9 is an extremely good replica from my eyes anyway. Not sure about a computer model but it would sure be a good place to start looking!

Are you building a UAV? You've made me curious as to your project.

-Eric

I'm not necessarily building a UAV, just want a platform from which I can test instruments from. That's why I'm petty flexible on the model I use, I just want something that already has some ground work. I'd rather reference pre-made trim/aoa/pitch tables and go straight to the instrument testing rather than have to do all of that beforehand. Currently doing some testing with airspeed/engine sounds.

Regardless I'll definitely look into that particular model! If you think of anything else I'm always open to new ideas haha.

Thanks again!

Sure! I know we bought a Penguin B UAV when I was at a UAV company, and the data was all available for it. I think if you look into some of the UAV community that isn't worried about IP (intellectual property) then you might find what you're looking for.

Good luck!

-Eric

Much appreciated!