Notices

Thread: Servo gear replacement

1. Servo gear replacement 
    I am attempting to replace a stripped gear on an Ace C1016 mini servo (although I suspect my problem is generic). The plastic output gear has a bearing on it that does not want to come off. How do I get this bearing off so I can move it to my replacement gear? Thanks for any help!

i usually try to get a small screwdriver in there and twist it gently, moving around the circumference of the bearing as you go. Be careful not to get too agressive or you'll tear up the bearing tho.

Welcome to the forums!!

-Eric

Thanks Dude. I had tried that without any luck, but probably was being a little too gentle with it so as not to damage the bearing. Now that you tell me I am on the right course, I will try again. Thanks again.

If you make sure to press the screwdriver against the inner bearing race, it'll be hard to break it. If you press against the outer race, it can pop apart.

It's all about pushing it in the right spot.

-Eric

Thanks again. Glad you got back with this one before I tried again, as I was indeed pressing against the outer wall.

We've all broken at least one by prying on it wrong. Not just on servos but many other things. Good learning experience if you did screw it up but always better not to.

-Eric