Notices

Thread: parkzzone sukhoi su 26

1. parkzzone sukhoi su 26 
    I bought a used su 26 the other day from a guy off craigslist, big mistake, but I got it home and powered it up and the motor runs rough at half throttle, like a gear on the drive is messed up, but in checking I don't see a problem. At full throttle the motor just quits flat. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Plane is sound otherwise. Do I need a new motor and gearbox? And last, is the motor and gearbox in this the same as other parkzone planes, like the T-28 or P-51 in the micro series? I forgot to mention this is a micro from parkzone.

the motor will sound rough if the battery is weak. its the built in esc's low voltage detection pulsing the throttle.

$6 appx for a replacement battery and you will probably be OK.

The motors and gearboxes are slightly difference for the different planes. the SU-26 swings a bigger dia prop at a lower rpm.Ther are 2 versions of the Su-26... old one is almost all white. new one had yellow and blue paint. the new one has an upgrdedd motor and gearbox. The better motor and gearbox can be put in the old version.

Thanks, I'll charge a battery up and see if that's the problem. Sure appreciate the help.

In the event you need a second opinion, I agree 100% with fhhuber. A new battery will fix you up!

The new motor/gearbox is a lot stronger than the old setup. I have had both now and the new one (yellow/blue) is much better!

-Eric

Thanks Eric, I have the newer model, yellow and blue. Being new to electric flying, I'm at a loss trying to figure things out. Remarried to a gal who lives in the Phoenix, AZ area and it's not hardly possible to fly anything but electric here.

Thanks again Eric

The Parkzone micro series planes are great... but somewhat limited in tolerating wind.

I still have the original white version Su-26 with original motor... works fine. Cowl is a bit dented but its bounced off a lot of walls.

I live in the Phoenix, AZ area, and if I fly at a rc field it's a 45 minute or more drive to one, so the micro's work for me as I can fly them at parks, and now there are a lot of malls that went out of business, so I can fly in empty parking lots close to home. I hate the fact that these models don't handle wind like my glow planes will. That is a choice I had to make. Some of my models I can fly in front of our house and I use our driveway as a runway. Almost all my planes are Micro's.