Notices

Thread: switching an airtronics am to spektrum 2.4 help

1. Model Airplane News switching an airtronics am to spektrum 2.4 help 
    Ok so I need help I recently was given an old alpha trainer glow model. It has airtronics receiver and servos. I would like to try to get it going and I have a spektrum 2.4 dx5i controller. I am new to all of this so need help. I will get my friend to help getting the engine going. I have read up about switching the wires correctly for the servos to match the spektrum receiver but the wire colors are two black and one black with red and I don't know which wires are which. I was planning on putting in an ar600 spektrum receiver. My question is what size and type of battery do I need to run the electronics? All the servos are marked 94631 airtronics. And what to do with the wires. Thanks.
    Last edited by cherokemike; 05-05-2012 at 11:28 PM.

The old Airtronics with - in center you just swap the wire with white stripe (that is the + with the center wire.
    You'll have to remember that the displaced center wire is equal to JR/Spektrum's brown.

If you goof up and plug in one of the servos without changing the wire order you will burn SOMETHING... maybe the battery leads, maybe the RX, maybe the servo... maybe the whole airplane.

Those servos are at least 8 years old... possibly as much as 35 years old. Since you can buy Tower TS-53 servos for $9.99 each it would be cheap insurance to get new ones.
    (peel the label and the TS-53 has Futaba S-3003 molded in the case top...)
    Good basic servo for the trainer.

Yeah I guess your right. I'm just not sure I was keeping the plane and thought if it was free to swap the wires I would. Depends on what I can sell the plane for I guess on how much I want to put into it. Thanks.