Notices

Thread: RE: We would like your input

1. RE: We would like your input 
    How do you intend for us to give input if the thread is locked?

Is there a way to get a link to new posts that are in the Airplane section?
    I've seen several forums trying to host cars and airplanes. It always seems one sided and I personally don't can to sift through the car stuff to find the airplane stuff.

What's up with the Model Airplane News Electric Flight banner. Is this electric only?

I would suggest a build section. I would like to do a couple of build threads this winter but I'm not sure where to put them because they are not scratch builds.

Sorry I don't get Model Airplane News magazine yet. I'm waiting for a few other subscriptions to run out before I start another.

Is this section of the forum for discussions about the magazine or the forum?Or are they the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by tturkey View Post
    How do you intend for us to give input if the thread is locked?
    Exactly how you did here by creating a new thread!

Is there a way to get a link to new posts that are in the Airplane section?
    This has now been included in the NEW POSTS button. It will allow you to choose which forums you would like to see NEW POSTS from using a drop down menu.

I've seen several forums trying to host cars and airplanes. It always seems one sided and I personally don't can to sift through the car stuff to find the airplane stuff.
    As in the above statement we will continue to try and find a way to make this easier to navigate.

What's up with the Model Airplane News Electric Flight banner. Is this electric only?
    Model Airplane News and Electric Flight are 2 of our publications. All Aircraft talk is welcome here.

I would suggest a build section. I would like to do a couple of build threads this winter but I'm not sure where to put them because they are not scratch builds.
    We have renamed the Scratch build section to encompass all builds.

Sorry I don't get Model Airplane News magazine yet. I'm waiting for a few other subscriptions to run out before I start another.

Is this section of the forum for discussions about the magazine or the forum?Or are they the same thing?
    This section is to discuss the restructure process of the forums and to allow members to have their input included into the layouts. If you have specific questions about the magazine feel free to ask those questions here as well and the Editors will respond.

The new Forum design seems to be working quite well. I do have one small problem with the buttons to announce those threads that are new and those that I've already read. The "New" button is light grey on a dark grey background and then the "Old" button is dark grey on a dark grey background. The contrast between the two is not very great and when you are doing a quick glance it's not easy to differentiate between the two. Any chance you could colour the "New" button to make it more contrasty? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jimstrex View Post
    The new Forum design seems to be working quite well. I do have one small problem with the buttons to announce those threads that are new and those that I've already read. The "New" button is light grey on a dark grey background and then the "Old" button is dark grey on a dark grey background. The contrast between the two is not very great and when you are doing a quick glance it's not easy to differentiate between the two. Any chance you could colour the "New" button to make it more contrasty? Thanks.
    Unfortunately those buttons are images and are built into the Skin and we do not have control over the font color or background color.
    We have however set up the nav bar to be able to pull New Posts from either the Car side or Airplane side independently. You may also get new posts by ALL New Posts as well.
    Thanks

5. hi 
    Alex....