Notices

Thread: What's the best jet for beginners?

1. What's the best jet for beginners? 
    I'm completely new to flying, but I've messed around on a simulator. Are there certain jets that are easier to fly than others? Please give me some suggestions, thanks!

If you have never flown before, other than a simulator then a jet would not be the way to go. Read about learning to fly in the beginners forum. There are alot of good suggestions in there.

There are some Jets that are easier to fly then other, but Dnkehl is right, a jet is not a beginner plane. Where you are ready to try out jets, try the Funjet by Multiplex, this plane is very stable in the air and very durable. Something every new jet pilot would appreciate.

Thanks JohnR,
    Hey Tenkuro is any of this helping?

Thanks for the advice! I was told to start with foamies or something like the Cessna first, but I'm more interested in Jets so I thought somebody would have a clue to which one would be easy to fly. I'll look into the Funjet. Thanks!

Good luck, I hope everything works out. Please let us know how you do.

Quote Originally Posted by dnkehl View Post
    Good luck, I hope everything works out. Please let us know how you do.
    It's going to be a while before I pull the trigger and buy something to fly. I'm just going to do more reading and learn more from others. I've been entering in the sweepstakes at http://www.modelairplanenews.com/rcshowsweeps so maybe I'll win something soon.

There is always a chance for that, good luck.
    Doing your research first is the best way to approach getting into something new.

I'd recommend the Jump Jet from Parkflyers.com. It's just $199.99 and comes ready to fly. It's foam, so it's durable, and because it's ready to fly you don't have to worry about motor and ducted-fan installation.

Definitely NOT a first plane (it's pretty fast!!) but absolutely a great first jet.