Notices

Thread: Help with servo

1. Help with servo 
    I added flaps to my US Aircore plane using 2 JR NEC241 servos. 1 of them seems to chatter. what i mean is it just moves all over the place then setles down is this a sign of a bad servo ? I changed the servo to different slot in radio and it did the same thing. It sounds to me that its bad what do you think?

Thanks for the help..

Sounds like a dirty feed back pot inside the servo. You could try spraying if with Radio Shack tuner cleaner. You have to open the servo up and gain access to the pot. So watch how your gears are set up.

Otherwise, change out the servo.

Cheers,

Chip
    Chip

I wonder if luckyseven is still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dnkehl View Post
    I wonder if luckyseven is still out there.
    Probably not. But someone else may stumble upon it like you did.

Cheers,

Chip
    Chip

Thanks for the info. Does anyone else make the cleaner? Radio Shack is not very accessable for me.

I would think you could find a cleaner like that at Best Buy , Staples or any electronics store. There is always the web.
    My thought is that if the servo is relatively cheap, it would be better to get another one, then take a chance on wiping out the plane.

At least the servo is on the flaps and not a key control surface

I think that is the best advice to use or get another servo. At least untill you can clean and bench test the servo in question. Can anyone tell us if cleaning is a long lasting fix or will the problem come back?

Main ingredient in electronics cleaning fluid is Trichlorotrifluoroethane. It's some nasty ^%$^, but, it will clean electrical contacts and other components. If you find some, use in a well ventilated area and don't get caught by the EPA, <g>.