Notices

Thread: Fairy mini rc heli

1. Fairy mini rc heli 
    I have one of those mini rc helis, and its the fairy( hughes or something i think is what its modeled after) one. It worked pretty good and was fun but for some reason it just lost its lift. I charge it, then when i go to fly it will go out and fly stable but it just steadily decreases altitude. It doesnt stay up in the air at all. And it also will not lift off from the ground. I cleaned out some fuzz that got wrapped around the main prop thinking that would help but nothing. Its almost like it seems too heavy to lift itself, but it worked great when i first got it. I have good batteries in the remote/charger and i dont know what to do. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks

Is this like an Air Hogs type copter?

Its similar just different body and all, and it seems to be easier to fly and better control and all than that one. My brother had the airhogs one and we never got it to fly right. On mine, the stabilizer above the main prop is different. On the airhogs its like a smaller prop on mine its a small rod with weights on the end. But other than this its the same, besides being smaller.
    Last edited by ionizer12; 12-09-2008 at 01:16 PM.

But it charges from the controller, right?

yes it does

You're not using rechargeables in the controller are you?

Nope regular batteries. I tested them to see if they were ok. They are all full power.

Well, the only thing I can say is try brand new one and see if it charges better and runs higher RPM. I know ours drops off power quickly after just 6-7 charges. Flight times drop to 3-4 mins instead of nearly 8 when batteries are new.

ok i will do that. i might try another charger too from my brothers.