Notices

Thread: Do you like flying gliders?

1. Talking Do you like flying gliders? 
    If you like flying gliders with a other people who like to fly gliders, you should check out one of the Eastern Soaring League events. These are a lot of fun.

These are the club in the league, just to give you an idea of where the contests are held. But you don't have to be a member of any of these clubs. You don't have to be a member of any club. If you like flying gliders, this could be a fun way to enjoy it with other people of like interest.

BASS - Baltimore Area Soaring Society, MD
    BRASS - Blue Ridge Area Soaring Society, VA Tom Broeski
    CASA - Capital Area Soaring Society, MD, VA email@soarcasa.org
    CRRC - Charles River Radio Controllers, MA
    DBSF - Daniel Boone Silent Flyers, PA
    LASS - Lancaster Area Soaring Society, PA
    LISF - Long Island Silent Flyers, NY
    SJSF - South Jersey Silent Flyers, NJ
    SKSS - Silent Knights Soaring Society, DE

The schedule of events can be found here:
    http://www.flyesl.com/

And this explains a bit about the events.
    http://forums.flyesl.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=263

It is lots of fun. I have been flying in the ESL events for 3 years. Orginally I only flew at the events held at our club's field, but now I have started to travel to some of the contests held at other fields. This is tons of fun.

They even have a novice class at many of the contests, and novice is usually free or almost free. How bad could that be?

I will be at the Delaware event next weekend. Maybe I will see you there.

The season is about 2/3 done and we have over 60 pilots competing in the unlimited sailplane events. People are flying Easy Gliders, Spirits as well as Supras and Pikes. Since you really compete with yourself and the clock, a good pilot can do very well with a very basic plane.

This year Discus Launched Gliders have really grown. We have over 70 pilots in the DLG competitions.

A few weeks ago we held one of these at my club field. My DLG is not finished so I did not fly. However I came down to help out, to time and to enjoy the company of all the friendly people who come to these events.

What a great time I had.

Even if you don't fly gliders, or have not tried competition, come on down to one of the events that might be near you. See what it is all about. You may discover how much fun you have been missing.

Try it, you'll like it!

I love to fly gliders, long ago built a gentle lady and still have it, never wrecked it either. Also scratchbuilt a ridge rat, and a silent squire and have flown all three off Greens Peak, in the White Mountains of AZ. Since a divorce ten years ago I have been out of it, but now find myself in a position to fly those planes again, and have bought plans for some others. I now live just across the border in New Mexico, and my old flying site is about an hour away is all. I intend to go back and fly there again soon.

Have you been flying those gliders? Tell me how it is going.

I love gliders, i have a Sonic 185 glider, its really fun

I got Spy Hawk glider. Its amazing.