Notices

Thread: Teaming up with "Mr. Gee Bee," Henry Haffke

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    OK enough procrastination

How are the repairs going?. Its too pretty to just let it lay there.

Go agaid and strip the fuselage and stick it back together.

Hi Pipes. I agree, the Ike is too nice a plane to just languish! I have stripped out the engine and radio for other projects. But the wing is intact and the fuselage will be either repaired or a new one built. Landing gear also is in fine shape! All I need is the time!
    GY
    Favorite Quote: Passions once set in motion, move themselves... Unknown author.

3. Motivation 
    Maybe these will help get you going again.

When I get the chance I go to Washington DC to the Archives. There I am allowed to scan photos from the photo section. Over the years I have scanned in around two hundred photos of odds and ends.

These are two I found a few months back. I had to shrink them for this site. If you want them full size send me an Email as I have lost your address

One of the things that stood out was the wheel configuration. I have not read all you threads and figure you must have talked about this set up at some point. Can't imagine why you guys didn't go with this set up.

I ment to ask. Does it swing when you bring the tail up. It just looks like it should have been a little on the wild side with that high angle of attack.
    Attached Images

Yes, the wheel configuration was changed over the history of the Ike! I used Paul Matt 3-views for the detailing and the "Miss Chevrolet" scheme airplane used standard landing gear with only two wheels total. Also in the soldering of the landing gear. I repositioned the axles 1 inch forward of true scale. Ground handeling is great! (was great!)
    GY

Ah! we finally have the plans from Henry Haffke! Will be sending the 1/3-scale Ike plans to our draftsman to be inked onto mylar soon!
    GY

6. jeet 
    Hi

Aero planes are my favorite since childhood. There are some nice pictures of old aircraft. I really like them they all are very good. This aircraft has always been one of my favorites. I look forward to the build. There is a photo which shows the Howard DGA-5 "Ike" in Miss Chevrolet" markings with pilot Howard Neumann.

Thanks

Jitendra kumar
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Local florists list no credit check loans anuncios vilafranca del penedes download cell phone ringtones

send it to me!!
    I will fix it!!

I'd loved to build one of these. The simple sleek lines of this plane are timeless. I have a spare DA 50 so maybe something of a 90 inch wingspan? Just a guess. Has anybody got a set of plans to match that engine?

Henry's 33% scale plans have a span of 80.6 inches. A 26cc Zenoah fits perfectly and gives plenty of power for very good performance. 50cc would need a 90+ span for sure.

Is it possible to get a copy of Henry's 33% scale plan? You guys did fantastic job building that plane. I love the detail work.

we will be publishing the construction article for Henry's giant Howard Ike sometime in 2010. Sorry I can't be more specific but it is taking a while to work with Henry and get all the drawings correct.
    watch the modelairplanenews.com website for details
    GY

where can I find these control horns?

if you are talking about the Robart control horns used with the Howard Ike Miss Chevrolet airplane, you can get them from Robart Mfg. online or order them at a local hobby shop