Notices

Thread: Sport PT-19 (Speed 400 Outrunner)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Thumbs up Thumbs Up 
    Hi
    I do love your PT-19, this and the PT-26 are my favourite aircraft having just got back into modelling last July, I went back to a trainer then a low wing trainer. I think that your model is just right for a quick flight at the local park each day, and with a great subject as well.
    I have sent you a personal email.
    Looking forward to your reply
    Mike.

2. Hand cut PT-19 
    I thought you might like to see the progress I am making from your plan, as you can see this is not a laser cut kit. it took me two evenings to cut my own kit it all came from my scrap box except two sheets of 1/8th balsa, I will have to wait till the end of the month to get to the model shop for some covering and some wheels then it will be ready to go.
    Attached Images

That is nicely done Military Mike. What did you use to cut out all of the parts? Did you use a scroll saw or band saw? How easy was it to follow our plans?

I have run into a snag on my offer of making these plans available to anyone that wants an electronic copy.

My E mail server was Bellsouth using a dial up as I leave in the out back of Northern Alabama where cable is not available and the high cost of DSL is not to be.

This service was purchased by ATT and they no longer will support the emailing of large files. The system times out.

As I am unable to send copies any more I would ask if you are looking for a set to post it here and ask if anyone that I have sent them to in the past can provide you a copy.

If I can get a quicker server I will post the offer again.

Sorry JohnR. I was away.
    I cut all the parts out on my scroll saw, The wing ribs, I cut one rib out of 1/8 ply and used that as a pattern then I cut the rest out of sheet balsa with a knife (do not draw round the pattern with a pen and then cut out the rib, I use a knife so the rib will be the same size.)
    I forgot to say I put two drawing pins through the ply rib first that way it will not move around when you cut round with the knife, also there is no waste as you can plan out the best way to lay the ribs out on the balsa sheet.
    The plans are first class very easy to follow.
    If you need a set of plans I can pass them on if it is OK with PipesCS.
    I do not check this site every day but I will check it once each week.
    Mike.
    Last edited by military mike; 05-24-2010 at 12:25 PM.

I appreciate you disseminating the plans to anyone that is looking for them.

I also talked to John Valentine at Top Notch Products. He will also email a set to anyone that needs them. Of course he would also appreciate your supporting his buisiness by buying the kit. He has added wood to the point that it is pretty much a complete kit. It has all the wood for the spars and sheeting laser cut. I put a test kit together in two nights. It even has the stringers laser cut.

Thanks for the reply Military Mike
    I figured you might have use a scroll saw for most of your cutting. That is a great idea for the cutting out the ribs, I was guilty of using a pen to outline them and then cutting them out on the scroll saw. But your idea is way better.

Be sure to post some new photos when you have them.

I will get to the model shop at the first of June (it 60 miles away but I try to use them as much as possible) and I will get some covering, and will post pictures as I cover the model.

One quick note on Covering

My friend Bob built the second prototype and made the decision to cover it with regular weight covering. The long tail with the heavy covering caused him to need quite a bit of nose weight. I have since added a half inch to the nose length to help with this.

11. Smile Finished PT-19 
    I got delayed in covering this model for over a month, ( other models to finish ) but got back on to it a few days ago and got it finished and flying , what a great model I now wish I had finished this one first , I will be keeping this one in the boot of the car for quick flights at lunch time. Many thanks to PipesCS for a great plan.
    Attached Images

Very Nice Job on that Military Mike. Nicely done, have fun flying it.

Thanks

Once again I have to give credit for its flying ability to Bob Somers who built the gas version.

The electric is somewhat lighter than the gas version and I believe much easer to fly.

Nice work

Mike I've got some plans you'd probably like if your into scratch building something huge

Be sure and give the plans to anyone that whants them. I can no longer send large files out to people.

Glad lyou are enjoing the drawings.

PipeCS, how does one go about digitizing a set of plans?

jwaj2002 Please send me a PM to let me know what plans you have, at this present time I am about to start on another of my favourite aircraft the piper cub.
    If anybody wants the plan you can contact John Valentine at Top Notch Products. they also can supply a kit for the PT-19 www.topnotchkits.com
    or send me a PM and I can email you a plan, But please try to support Top Notch products, I now have to travel 65 miles to get model supplies and that model shop has now reduced its supply building material to sell mostly ARF models. Proper model shops are disappearing.

I have never looked into digitizing plans, although I know the software is out there.

I drew my plans in AutoCAD and converted to PDF to give them away.

sadly my Email will no longer support me sending the large files for the two G B models or the PT 19.

I'd have to get these plans copied and mail them

I misunderstood the question

If you are only wanting to scan a paper plan into a file you can send by E mail you can have it done by a place such as Kinkos or Printostat.

It is simply a scan to a PDF format than can be attached to an email. Printostat charges 2.00 per sheet where Kinkos is somewhat more.

these are maybe two pages but they are full to scale

Make sure youi scan them full sized so the receiver can have them printed full scall on his end.