Notices

Thread: Balance point, Art-Tech Cessna 182 ?

1. Balance point, Art-Tech Cessna 182 ? 
    I bought an Art-Tech (same as the one imported by Park Flyer) on e-bay and there is no mention of the balance point in the instructions. Probably better instruction in the one imported by Park Flyer, but I was on a budget and you learn by experience. Should have paid 30 bucks more and bought from Park Flyer as I am also having problems with the FMS sim I got with it. Any way what I would like to know is the balance point. Thanks Ralf

Guess I will use a point 1/3 way back from the leading edge. Thanks Ralf

if it has a spar in the wing, that is where I would balance

No spar, foam wing. I used a point about one third of a way back from the leading edge and it appears to be balanced properly. Built a tool with two pieces of 3/8 inch dowel and a length of 2X4, saw a picture in one of the other threads, was pretty easy to build. Thanks for the help. Ralf

I flew mine stock and didn't even think about the CG....not a lot you can do to re-arrange the equipment!

A buddy of mine had one and the sim wouldn't work for him either. I think it operates inDOS and that is pretty hard for the average guy to find on windows XP.