Notices

Thread: plans

1. Question plans 
    Hello just started downloading plans installed a cad program but where do you go to get fullsize plans?Also have some old plans but only has finished size and poor illustrations is there a general scale chart eg 1/4" equalls 1'.Thank You Jerry

You didn't say what CAD program you have, but most (at least many) have the capability to scale plans. Of course if you make major scale changes, you might have to adjust the construction details accordingly.

3. re cad program 
    The cad program was just a freebie download but didnt see a scale on it.Can you recommend a program? My thing is some plans have no scale just a diahgram or if it says eg 1:72 the picture is on a page whats the easiest way to print a larger to scale plan? Im new to plan reading so any advice is welcome THX Jerry

The CAD program I use most is the free version of TurboCad. I downloaded it some time ago and the free version may or may not still be available. I like it because it is relatively simple, but does the things I want to do and is reasonably intuitive to use. However, it will take some time and experimenting to learn to use any CAD program. They should all let you do things like display a plan on your screen (provided the plan is in a format the program recognizes), measure e.g., the wing span, then scale the plan to the wing span you want. However, each program will have its own set of steps to perform these functions. TurboCad lets you print large plans by dividing the plan into 'tiles' of a size that can be printed on an ordinary printer (e.g. 81/2 x 11). The small sheets then have to be taped together. Other CAD programs may or may not provide tiled printing.

5. turbocad 
    Hey Don I have downloaded tubocad founda plan tried to tile it but like you said it will take some time to figure out this program.Looks cool but will it open a DWf file?Have downloaded a free viewer having trouble using it to open files aaarrrggg.

I dont know whether TurboCad will open a DWF file and don't have one to try. I know it will open DXF, DWG and TCW files. When you click the PRINT icon, you should get a PAGE SETUP option. Select it to get to the tiling setup.

7. opening files 
    Tried to open a file by typing in file name doesnt open with turbocad what am I not doing?

Did you get an error message when the file didn't open? If the message was something to the effect that no matching filter was found, TurboCad does not support the file type you were trying to open. If you got a 'file not found message' TurboCad does not see the file. If you bring up TurboCad and click on 'FILE' in the top left of the screen, you should get a drop-down menu with one option being 'OPEN'. If you click on 'OPEN', you should get a list of the files TurboCad sees. If the file name you want to open is not in that list, TurboCad can't open it. It might be in another folder, so keep changing the folder being viewed until the file shows up, or enter the full path with the file name.

9. thanks 
    Thanks Don have been spending hours on this.Found another program called Cad/Kas a poster printing program prints tiles to a poster or plans .

Here is a page for plans when you all are ready for them. Its is german but you can tell what the plans are.

http://corsair.flugmodellbau.de/file...an/Bauplan.htm