Notices

Thread: Another way to transport

1. Lightbulb Another way to transport 
    Thought I would share this with you. It is a folding 48 EPP Combat Wing.

I like to be able to transport my plane without taking up too much room in my car and I am always looking for the best way to fold or take them apart. I have been doing it for a long time and sometimes come up with something that I really like.

This uses two pieces of thin plywood that are drilled and sewn together with Kevlar thread. I cut them to the size of the inside wing pattern then glue them to the raw foam that the wing is made of. I mount all of the equipment after the wings are hinged. At the end I put the tips on in the hinged manner that the elevons go on. To keep them upright I tape them in the front to the bottom.

Folded the plane about 24 inches long and 12 inches wide while folded for easy transport and storing. To fly the plane I unfold it and tape over the gap at the top of the plane. This is a picture of the plane sitting on my radio box. My next folding plane will be able to fit inside the 17 inch radio box. It will be a 30 inch wingspan EPP Mini Combat Plane and weigh about 5.5 oz. Should be fun.

Dan
    Attached Images

thganks for this information